Wahluke High/Junior High School Student Assistance Program
Fritz Wichterman, Student Assistance Professional
Is available at Wahluke High & Junior High Schools
Monday through Friday
7:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m
Student Assistance Prevention Intervention Specialists are placed in schools to provide early alcohol and other drug prevention and intervention services to students and their families, assist in referrals to treatment, and help transition students back to school when they have been to treatment. The program provides training and support for schools and develops partnerships with community agencies to prevent and intervene with students involved in substance abuse.
Many services will be provided which include:
- Provide a comprehensive model of substance abuse and violence prevention, intervention, after-care support services and assist all students in achieving academic excellence realizing their personal potential.
- Promote the skills and attitudes necessary for students to resist pressures to use alcohol, tobacco and other drugs and engage in violent behavior.
- Increase opportunities for students success by addressing and removing barriers to learning that impact academic achievement.
- Creating effective and necessary linkages with school and community resources to support students and families in need.
- Facilitate student support and skill building groups, individual counseling for students who have been treated for drug or alcohol use, or have been abused or experimented with drugs or alcohol. We will also work with students who are being affected by someone else’s drug or alcohol use.
- Concerned Others Skill Building Group
- At-Risk/Social Skills Group
- Intervention Skill Building Group
- Recovery Support Group
- Tobacco Intervention/Cessation
- Individual Sessions
- Universal Prevention Activities
If you would like further information or wish to refer a student, please contact Fritz Wichterman.