School bus regulations are designed to ensure every student safe transportation to and from school and school-sponsored activities. Violations of the rules may be sufficient reason to discontinue bus transportation privileges for the student(s) involved.
Students should arrive at the bus stop five minutes before, but no sooner than ten minutes before scheduled bus arrival time, to allow for traffic fluctuations and minimize bus stop problems. Proper safety precautions at the bus stop should be impressed with your student(s). This is especially important if there is no adult supervision. Students should wait off the traveled portion of the road, and not push or shove. Once the bus has arrived, students should obey the instructions of their bus driver.
Students living across the street from a bus stop, should not cross! Have your student(s) wait until the bus stops and the driver signals to the students that it is safe to cross the street.
Students will not be allowed to ride another bus or get off at a different stop unless a parent/guardian permission slip is received by the bus driver/transportation supervisor.
Please be aware that bus address changes take 24 hours to process.
In early fall, complete emergency information is given to all students riding buses. This information should be kept in an accessible place.
If you have questions about the busing service please call the transportation office at (509) 932-4082 x3063.
1. Be at your bus stop 5- minutes early.
2. Stand 3 giant steps away from the road.
3. No pushing, shoving or throwing things at the bus stop or on the bus.
4. Wait for your bus to stop. Do not move until the bus driver tells you to.
5. On the bus keep your hands to your self and your body and things out of the isle.
6. Always do what the bus driver asks you to do the first time.
7. You can always get help from a school bus driver.
Director of Transportation